Shooting videos on iPhone has become quite popular as the lenses of iPhone cameras have advanced over the years. Many iPhone users want to edit their footage right from their phones so that they can share them on social media easily.
iPhone is slowly becoming popular and capable of doing highly rigorous tasks. With that, the camera in smartphones has also improved to an extent that we can shoot 4K videos easily. All these qualities make iPhones capable of managing both shooting videos and editing them. Here are some popular video editing apps for iPhone.
The latest iPhone11 and iPhone 11 Pro Max are powered by the Apple A13 Bionic chip exceeding the performance prowess of Intel chips used in laptops. Nowadays, you can not just shoot but edit and publish your videos using your iPhone. Keeping this in mind, we are listing out the top 10 video editing apps for iPhone, which can create professional videos.
Using a video editing app for iPhone is one of the best ways to conveniently create and post videos. But, with so many video editing applications available, it may be difficult to know which ones are worth your money and time. To make the procedure simple, go through the overview of the top 10 video editing apps for iPhone.
List of Best Video Editing Apps for iPhone
1. Quik for mobile- Quik is one of the best video editing apps for iPhone that was acquired by GoPro. As it is compatible with the footage shot on Android, GoPro, and iPhone cameras, this app is a great option for filmmakers. Quik includes editing features like automatic and slow-motion audio detection.
This software was designed by keeping action photography in mind. The GPS Sticker feature in this video editing app shows how high, far, or fast you were going. Small elements like this make it a perfect option for editing videos, especially action-packed videos.
Using this video editing app, you can trim, zoom, rotate, and reorder your videos. You can even use its Smart Cut Tool to trim the videos. This app comes with 26 themes for IOS each with graphics and transitions. Also, with over 100 free songs to select it is easy to find the right background music.
2. LumaFusion- As far as video editing apps for iPhone are concerned, no other app comes even near to the feature set available in LumaFusion. It is a paid app, and it deserves every cent. This app is not just used by YouTubers but also journalists as well as professional video makers who do not prefer carrying heavy camera gear and editing rig wherever they travel.
One of the unique features of LumaFusion is its UI. This app looks clean as it does not have any ads or popups to disturb your experience. Another best thing about this video editing, the app is it not only lets users edit the videos in landscape mode but also portrait mode.
Not only this, but users can also switch between two modes without any difficulty. This proves to be helpful as the app supports varieties of video aspect ratios including portrait, film, square, landscape, and many more.
3. Final Cut Pro- This is one of the advanced video editing apps for iPhone made for macOS owners. This app is also great for iPhone users who want to design complex projects with few added effects. The user-friendly interface app comes with features like Magnetic Timeline. With this tool, trimming and moving clips seamlessly without disturbing the videos becomes an easy task.
Many iPhone makers want to attain ultra-wide aspect ratios and use an anamorphic lens attachment for doing so. This lens became popular among iPhone owners as it stretches the x-axis and develops a wide horizontal frame.
The video editing app features software that can de-squeeze your ultra-wide footage to make it perfectly fit in the normal letterbox frame.
The app has several programs that make it a great video editing app. Some notable features of the app include Motion Graphics, advanced audio editing, and advanced color editing.
4. Videoshop- This is one of the powerful video editing apps for iPhone, that will allow you to do several operations on your videos. You can record clips directly from the app or can also import them from your camera. Once done, you can add text to your clip, add narration, and combine several clips to one, and much more.
You can add tilt-shift to your video, add a transition between various clips. This powerful tool can perform too many manipulations on your videos.
5. iMovie- iMovie is the OG video editing apps for iPhone created by Apple for macOS and iOS users. Like Premiere Rush, this iMove also offers the most basic video editing tools. iMovie offers the simplistic user interface that just Apple knows how to design.
Using iMovie, you can add cast names, credit roles, and custom logos by choosing a style template that fits your video in the best way. In this app, you can get access to eight themes and ten filters to select from. The app comes with a collection of music and audio effects.
6. Splice- This is one of the significant video editing apps for iPhone by GoPro, the organization behind some of the best action cameras in the world. You can easily import your videos and photos into this app, edit them, and turn them into a movie. The way how it works is simple:
Import the videos that need to be edited, mark the significant parts of the video. Add music to the video and then the app will automatically clip the whole video as per the highlights marked by you.
7. Cameo- This is another one on the list of popular video editing apps for iPhone. It is a great video editor for iPhone, initiated by Vimeo. This app offers basic video editing capabilities but works great. It has a clean and intuitive interface. If you want to do a couple of basic edits on the videos, it is a perfect choice.
This app can import videos and photos from the camera, and you can trim them easily, add a theme, music, and much more. You can also adjust the intensity of the theme, which is applied to the video, to achieve the right effect. Once you complete editing, share the video to Vimeo or save it in your camera roll.
8. InShot Video Editor- An easy-to-use apps among the various video editing apps for iPhone, this is one of those video editing apps for iPhone that comes with thousands of features that let you edit both photos and videos. You can make video collages using this app.
In this, you will find all essentials like merge, adjusting the video, cut, and many more when it comes to editing tools. This app also allows you to edit square videos for Instagram. You can use your music or choose from a library of music. Some of the key features of this app include:
- Video trimming and splitting options
- Applying cool filters to the videos
- Combine different video clips.
- A music library for music
- Add voiceovers, animations, texts, and various other elements to the videos.
9. KineMaster Video Editor- Among the various video editing apps for iPhone available, KineMaster is something different. Though the app has advanced features but is easy to use. A unique feature of this app is it supports different video formats, including portrait, square, and landscape. Few important features of the app are:
- Different layers to work on
- Frame trimming option.
- Variety of overlays and effects
10. Filmmaker Pro- The Filmmaker Pro is another great video editing tool for editing videos on your iPhone. This app focuses on customers but also provides some exceptional features for an experienced video editor. It includes 17 transitions, 30 filters, and voiceover assistance.
These are the top 10 video editing apps that you must use if you own an iPhone.